As a Designer in the Visual Design group, you will be working closely with clients, developers, and project managers to create beautiful digital experiences that cause blood pressures to rise and jaws to drop. You will be involved with projects from kickoff to launch, listening to clients, scoping efforts, ideating, collaborating, and executing thoughtful, elegant, and sometimes whimsical visual solutions for clients from large to small. You will showcase your curiosity daily, and you will wow us with your proficiency in all of the latest design and prototyping tools. You will provide value by producing thoughtful work, soliciting frequent feedback, and collaborating well with others. All that said, we like to keep a pretty fun, laid back atmosphere here at the 'Belly. We are looking for someone who is not only an excellent designer but a good fit for our close-knit team.
What You'll Do
- Design beautiful digital experiences for apps and websites.
- Validate your ideas through research and prototyping.
- Work alongside the art director, your team peers, and project manager to define strategies for new and existing clients and projects.
- Work directly with great clients, large and small.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers.
- Communicate design solutions and iterate based on feedback.
- Drive kickoffs and other project critical meetings.
- Contributed to the creation of multiple websites and digital experiences, 3-5 years of professional experience, and a strong portfolio showcasing exceptional visual design.
- Knowledge of the full cycle of visual design, from ideation and brainstorming to the delivery of final assets and testing.
- A solid understanding of design fundamentals; typography, color, grid, space, and composition.
- Proficiency with relevant design tools and applications.
- Ability to prototype experiences using motion.
- Experience presenting your work to key stakeholders.
- A serious and earnest desire to solve complex problems.
- Clear, concise, and articulate communication skills.
- A self-motivated willingness to continually learn and improve your craft.
- A collaborative and humble nature.
- Location: work in downtown Salt Lake City, minutes from the beautiful outdoors. The Underbelly crew is currently working from home and will return to the studio when state and local guidelines return to a “Green” status.
- People: a passionate and talented team of collaborators who don’t take themselves too seriously even during global pandemics. We pride ourselves in having the flexibility and professionalism to make significant transitions when needed and not missing a step with our clients.
- Workstation gear: a standing desk (in office), ergonomic chair, new Mac & 27-inch display.
- Continuing education and professional conference reimbursement for ongoing learning.
- Enjoy yourself: a fun culture, foosball, plenty of free food, coffee, homebrew, and company retreats.
- Money (competitive salary, quarterly profit sharing and bonuses)
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 20+ days of paid time off
- Life Insurance
- 12 Paid holidays
- Relocation support will be considered