What to expect
The Studio Assistant at Underbelly is an essential part of our team to ensure the team and the operations of our studio are running smoothly. It is necessary to have a friendly, energetic, perseverant, and positive attitude. This a fun and fast-paced job that requires attention to detail, a proactive approach, and the ability to juggle many diverse responsibilities.
You will be working with the Operations team and supporting the entire Underbelly team through administrative efforts, keeping office supplies stocked, tracking and keeping equipment running, welcoming guests, booking travel, leading our retreats, helping keep our culture awesome and running errands as needed. When emergencies arise, you’ll be in charge of making sure they’re resolved quickly.
All that said, we like to keep a pretty fun, laid back atmosphere here at the ‘Belly. We are looking for someone who is not only an awesome Studio Assistant but a good fit for our close-knit team.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position and will work hours from 8:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Occasionally, the hours may shift and are required to complete assigned tasks depending on the timing. The Studio Assistant reports to the Director of Creative Operations, but works closely with others on the team, including the Leadership Team, Controller, Business Development, Marketing Coordinator, Project Management, and our People Experience.
- Work autonomously on all tasks—from start to finish
- Ensure the studio runs as efficiently as possible
- Come up with ways to improve our processes
- Provide support for errands, supplies and deliveries
- Keep common areas clean and organized
- Oversee external vendors for cleaning, maintenance and infrastructure
- Set up and close down for events
- Help with general administrative tasks if needed
- Welcome guests
- Manage company calendar
- Maintain equipment
- 2-3 years office, admin, front desk or customer service experience
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Detail oriented
What you'll get
- An awesome atmosphere to work in
- Location: work in downtown Salt Lake City, minutes from the beautiful outdoors
- People: a passionate and talented team of collaborators who don’t take themselves too seriously
- Enjoy yourself: a fun culture, endless foosball, and plenty of free food and coffee
Detailed Breakdown of Tasks
- Ensure the dishes are clean and put away.
- Keep kitchen counters and tables in the common space clean.
- Take out trash and/or recycling in between janitorial services as needed
- Stock restrooms with supplies.
- Wash dish towels.
- Wiping down whiteboards, stocking meeting rooms, and cleaning meeting room tables.
- Clean reception area windows and floors.
- Ensure the outside of the building and parking lot are tidy.
- Manage shipping accounts; help Team Members with shipping and handling; stock postage and shipping supplies.
- Run errands for the studio (e.g., lunch orders, shipping, grocery or supply shopping).
- Support Leadership Team with scheduling, purchasing, and other Leadership Team Assistant-type tasks.
- Help with set-up for client and internal meetings.
- Complete other duties as directed by the Leadership Team.
- Communicate feedback and direct the cleaning crew.
- Conduct periodic deep cleans (clean out fridges, server closet, supply cabinets, etc…).
- Communicate the waste disposal process to the team and cleaning crew.
- Lead the charge with company summer retreat and Christmas party.
- Lead or help with any other external events.
- Lead or help with any internal company events/parties.
Travel Coordination & Management
- Book all transportation and lodging for all traveling employees.
- Keep detailed records and breakdowns to track all travel expenses and trends.
- Spend time communicating and coordinating travel logistics that are within budget and also accommodate employees comfortably.
- Manage travel calendar for all employee travel.
Office Purchasing/Asset Management
- Purchase all equipment necessary for employees to work effectively.
- Manage Amazon business, Apple store, and Costco business delivery accounts.
- Purchase and stock all office snacks, drinks and supplies.
- Keep the company asset list current and accurate as well as items tagged and cycled properly. This will happen over two companies, Underbelly and UB studios.
Assist and coordinate with the IT department
- Maintain & manage all VC/meeting room equipment.
- Keep Studio clean and free of trash and clutter.
- Build desks, whiteboards, furniture, and all equipment that needs assembly
- Manage virtual phone systems, with greetings and forwards.
- Coordinate with Genius bar to troubleshoot and repair computers.
- Oversight of printers.
- Purchase balloons, gift cards, lunches when needed for the company or team recognition.
- Purchase lunches, gift cards, birthday cards, organize the office to sign them for birthdays.
- Order Lunches for workshops, meetings, etc...
- Assist with planning all cultural activities for each month.
- Onboard new hires with ordering breakfast, setting up equipment, desk, and meetings.
- Deposit payments as needed.
- Manage company email & calendar.
- Assist Controller in communicating with the team and managing expense reports.
- Confident, friendly, upbeat personality and a positive, can-do outlook.
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Resourceful and responsive in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain level-headed and composed in a high-pressure environment.
- Exemplifies professionalism – in appearance and in verbal and written communication – at all times.
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality in all settings
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills with Team Members and Clients.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; able to solve unique problems and ask for clarification.