What to Expect
As the Director of Business Development, you will be seeking out and closing on new business opportunities. This can happen in different ways, but in the end of the day it’s about building strong/trusting relationships with new and old clients, networking on a local and national level, and with a consistent eye on the relevant markets that our services can work with to help solve business goals and objectives. The key here is new business. You will also be working with an Account Manager, who is working with our current clients.
What You’ll Do
- Drive diversified revenue through inbound & outbound sales.
- Work with Account Manger to ensure returning business with our current clients.
- Monitor and meet sales goals set by leadership team.
- Partner with leadership team to pinpoint and target different markets, from fast growing start ups to large enterprises.
- Build relationships by attending networking events and conferences.
- Be proficient in speaking to all of our services, products, and value propositions.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience, their industries, and interests.
- Work with Marketing to find relevant and creative ways to reach our audience.
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with our teams.
- Plan and prepare presentations for clients and as needed internally.
- Maintain accurate customer records through a CRM (Copper).
- Maintain and update a sales framework that is scaleable, teachable and documented.
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully leading and closing new business opportunities.
- Experience working with creative teams.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Knowledge of writing proposals, contracts, and/or scope of works in detail.
- Natural ability to build into relationships with new people.
- Ability to resolve client issues smoothly and effectively.
- Leadership experience to run a small team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Location: Work in downtown Salt Lake City, minutes from the beautiful outdoors!
- People: A passionate and talented team of collaborators who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- In office workstation gear: A standing desk, ergonomic chair, Mac & 27-inch display.
- Conference stipend: We pay up to $1,500 a year for whatever conference you would like to attend.
- Continuing education reimbursement up to $300 for ongoing learning.
- Hack days: We like to invest in our team by encouraging them to learn something new, write an article, explore techniques, play with new tech (like VR), etc.
- Enjoy yourself: A fun culture, endless foosball, and plenty of free food, coffee, and home-brew (not required).
- Salary + Commissions
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20+ days of paid time off
- Life Insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays