As a Product Designer, you will be working closely with clients, developers, and project managers to create beautiful and useful digital experiences. You will be involved with projects from kickoff to launch, defining the problem, conducting research, exploring design solutions, and validating those decisions with users and stakeholders. You’ll provide value by producing thoughtful work, soliciting frequent feedback, and collaborating well with others. All that said, we like to keep a pretty fun, laid back atmosphere here at the ‘Belly. We are looking for someone who is not only an awesome designer but a good fit for our close-knit team.
What you’ll do
- Design engaging experiences for apps and websites.
- Prototype and validate your ideas through research.
- Work alongside product managers to define the strategy for new and existing digital products.
- Work directly with some of the best clients, large and small.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers.
- Communicate design solutions and iterate based on feedback.
- Drive kick-offs and other project critical meetings.
- Contributed to multiple shipped products, 3-5 years of experience and a strong portfolio showcasing human-centered interaction design.
- Experience through the full cycle of product design, including research and validation.
- A solid understanding of visual design fundamentals; typography, color, grid, space, and composition.
- Proficiency with relevant design tools and applications.
- Ability to prototype experiences using motion.
- Experience presenting your work to key stakeholders.
- A serious and earnest desire to solve complex problems.
- Clear, concise, and articulate communication skills.
- A self-motivated desire to constantly learn and improve your craft.
- A collaborative and humble nature.
- Location: work in downtown Salt Lake City, minutes from the beautiful outdoors.
- People: a passionate and talented team of collaborators who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Workstation gear: a standing desk, ergonomic chair, new Mac & 27 inch display.
- Conference stipend: we pay up to $1,500 a year for whatever conference you would like to attend.
- Continuing education reimbursement up to $300 for ongoing learning.
- Hack days: we like to invest in our team – learn something new, write an article, explore techniques, play with new tech (like VR).
- Enjoy yourself: a fun culture, endless foosball, and plenty of free food, coffee, and home brew (not required).
- Money (competitive salary, quarterly profit sharing and bonuses).
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- 20+ days of paid time off.
- Life Insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Relocation support or working remote will be considered.